Incident / Accident Guidelines
Guidelines for dealing with an incident / accident;
- Stay calm but act swiftly and observe the situation. Is there danger of further injuries?
- Listen to what the injured person is saying.
- Alert the first aider who should take appropriate action for minor injuries.
- In the event of an injury requiring specialist treatment, call the emergency services.
- Deal with the rest of the group and ensure that they are adequately supervised.
- Do not move someone with major injuries. Wait for the emergency medics.
- Contact the injured person’s parents / carer.
- Complete an incident / accident report form.
Emergency Telephone Numbers
Royal Hampshire County Hospital: 01962 863535
Police, Ambulance, Fire: 999
Doctors: 0870 429 9717 or 01962 852211
Social Services: 0845 600 4555
In Case of Fire
- If possible identify the source of the fire.
- If you cannot extinguish the fire, use the nearest exit to evacuate the building.
- Phone 999 and ask for the Fire Service.
- Wait in the centre of the field until the Fire Service arrive.